How To Clean
It is recommend that you clean the ZippyCap, ZippyStraw, and case and let all parts completely air dry after each use. We sell a cleaning kit that includes a cap cleaning brush designed to get inside the ZippyCap and case. We also made it easy to remove the top germshield if you want to allow you to get a deeper clean. Putting it back together is also a snap!
Hand washing is recommended for a better clean. We don't recommend cleaning in the dishwasher as it will not get inside the cap or straw.
Clean On The Go:
- While on the go simply pull the straw from the cap.
- Rinse out the straw and cap after use thoroughly under warm water.
- Shake straw and cap dry, and use the provided squeegee to pull out excess water from inside the straw.
- Reinsert the straw into the cap. TIP: How straw between thumb and finger under the ridges. With a TWISTING motion guide the tip of the straw up through the BOTTOM of the cap stopper and out the straw hole. Push the straw up until the first or second ridges are inside the cap stopper.
Clean Deeper At Home:
We recommend a deeper cleaning at home after use (especially with sugary drinks). We recommend using our cleaning kit to do this.
1. Remove straw by pulling it out from the bottom of the cap. Do not try to pull it out from the top or you may rip the straw.
2. Soak all parts in warm soapy water, and use the wider cap cleaning brush to get inside the cap the case. Push the brush through the hole on the bottom and on the top of the cap where the straw would go in. It will also fit nicely inside the case to scrub it out.
4. Use the thinner straw brush to clean inside the straw, using warm soapy water and enter the straw from both ends.
5. Let all parts air dry and then reassemble: Feed straw back in from the bottom (use a twisting motion to feed it out the top of cap).
For an Ultra DEEP clean you can actually remove the ZippyCap germ shield and expose the surface under the shield to ensure it is ultra clean and germ free.
To remove germ shield:
1. Turn the germ shield counter clockwise while the straw is popped up.
2. You will need to use force to continue turning counter-clockwise and force the shield past the straw. The straw will act as a lever to push the germ shield off when you turn it far enough.
3. Now pull the straw out of the cap from the bottom.
4. You now have the case, cap, germ shield, and straw all separated for easier and deeper cleaning.
Let all parts completely dry before reassembly.
To put the germ shield back simply snap it onto ZippyCap- until you hear a satisfying snap!
You can sanitize all parts and the straw it in boiling water if you like. Bring water to a boil in a small pot hold ZippyCap with tongs in the water for less than 2 minutes. Use tongs to keep if from touching the bottom the pot, and slowly turn the cap upside down and around while in the pot. Remove and rinse with cool water before touching. Let it drip/air dry before putting back on case.
To deodorize, you can use soak in a vinegar and baking soda solution too.